3/4 pound pork tenderloin
3 teaspoons soy sauce
Pinch of cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canned water of pineapple
or reserved pineapple juice
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup warm water, as needed
1 red and green pepper chili
1/2 cup pineapple chunks,
3 cups oil for deep-frying, or as needed
1) Cut the pork into 1-inch cubes. Marinate in the soy sauce, white pepper and cornstarch for 20 minutes.
2) Heat the oil for deep frying to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Combine the flour and cornstarch. Stir the egg white and vegetable oil. Add as much of the warm water as is needed to form a thick batter.
4) Dip the marinated pork cubes in the batter. Deep-fry in batches, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry the pork until it is golden brown.
5) Remove and drain on. you can deep-fry the pork at second time to make it extra crispy. Make sure the oil is back up to 375F before you begin deep-frying again).
To prepare the sauce:
6) Heat the wok, over medium high heat, add the pineapple syrup in juices and vinegar, sugar, salt. onion, tomatoes, green and red pepper chili and pineapple chunks, ketchup, dark soy sauce.
then cornstarch mixture with sauce, and stir well. check the sauce one more time to adjust seasonings if desired. Serve the sweet and sour pork over rice.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk