For the base:
2 1/2 cup bread flour
2 tbsps milk powder
3 tbsps sugar
1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 cup water (boiled and cooled)
or cold milk
1 tbsp olive oil
For the pizza sauce:
2 tbsps tomato ketchup
3 tbsps tomato & basil pasta sauce
(combine ketchup and pasta sauce ingredients in a small bowl)
For the toppings:
350g grated cheese & mozzarella mix
130g sliced spicy pepperoni
1) In a bowl, Add (A) ingredients and mix together until well combined. Take the dough out and Sprinkle a work surface with flour, then tip the dough onto it. Add in olive oil and knead up to down and beating until the dough is no longer as sticky and go ahead and work the dough with your hands, forming it into a ball, and place in a clean bowl, cover with cling film, proof in the warm place for 2 hours until double or triple in sized.
2) Divide the soft dough into 2 portions and shape each to a ball. Sprinkle some flour on it, pressing down the dough with your hand under and arms, gently flattening along the edges with your fingertips and shape into large, flat rounds.
3) Spoon the pizza sauce evenly over crust. Topped with a pepperoni and sprinkle with cheese.
4) Cover with plastic wrap and cold proofing the dough in the top of the fridge for overnight ready to bake them in the next day.
5) The next morning, remove the dough from the fridge.
6) Let rise for 1 hour in the oven with 2 cups of hot/boiling water underneath and close the oven door.
7) Preheat the oven to 160°C, and Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into 8 slices. Serve immediately.
1) Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time.
2) You can bake it on the same day if you like crispy and chewy pizza, then just follow section 1, 2, 3, 6, 7. or keep it in the refrigerator for next morning ready to bake or even freeze them down for later use (up to two weeks). Freezing; leave to defrost and prove for 1 hour in the oven before baking.
3) Cold proofing dough make the bread more flavourful, light, soft and fluffy.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk