Makes 1 (PME round cake pan 6-inch) or 11b loaf pan
• 35g salted butter, melted
• 35g whole or semi skimmed milk
• 10g golden granulated sugar
• 2 large egg yolks, cold
• a pinch of sea salt
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 35g cake flour or 23g plain flour + 12g corn flour
• 2 large egg whites, cold
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp lime / lemon juice / distilled vinegar
• 35g golden granulated sugar, optional
• 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder, mix into the half mixture and combined well.
Recipe Source: Josephine's Recipes
Below is a step by step video instruction used for all my butter sponge cake method.