This is an easy, no bake dessert recipe with step-by-step guide and instructions. This jelly cake with fresh fruits is not just tasty but looks even beautiful and that are totally healthy. The instructions mentioned one sachet (12g) can make 570ml of liquid. 1 powder sachet is the equivalent to approximately 4 leaves of gelatine. I had tested many times and adjusted one sachet (12g) to make 250ml, 1 cup of liquid. It's semi-firm texture and chewy, and perfectly come out from my bundt pan.
31/2 cups, 875ml water
5 tbsp, 80g granulated sugar, optional
2 pandan leaves
5 sachet, 48g gelatine powder
2 cups, 500ml water
3 tbsp sugar
3 sachet, 36g gelatine powder
a drop of lemon juice
honeydew, watermelon, strawberries,
cherries, fresh strawberries
seedless green and red grapes
blueberries, the amount of fruits it depends of the pan size
Above are the fresh fruits I used. Recommended season fruits is the best choice.
salad oil spray
A- 25cm / 10 inch silicone mold
B- 25cm silicone bundt pan
1) In a saucepan, (A) pour coconut milk, pandan leaves, add sugar and gelatine powder, whisk until dissolved. set aside to cool and pour to silicone mold, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight and cut into a pieces and transfer to bundt pan.
2) Another saucepan, (B) add plain water, sugar and gelatine powder, and a drop of lemon juice, whisk until dissolves, set aside to cool. Place the fresh fruits of your choice into the 25cm bundt pan. Recommended best season fruits is the best choice.
3) Each fruit equally around in rows. carefully pour cooled water mixture over the fruits into the bundt cake and refrigerate each layer for 5 minutes in the freezer to avoid fruit floats around. Put the jelly mould in the fridge overnight to set or until ready to serve.
4) To serve, dip the jelly mould into a bowl of warm water, then loosen the sides. Carefully turn out the jelly onto a serving dish.
1) Be sure to use salad oil to grease so the cake will release easily and the design will be sharply defined. Science of fruit jellies experiments, fresh fruits such a pineapple, kiwi and papaya contain enzymes stops jelly setting and wouldn’t set.