• 1 whole egg
• 25g, 11/2 tbsp golden granulated sugar, optional
• 60g, 6 tbsp sifted plain flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 25g, 2 tbsp milk
• 25g butter, soften or melted
• a pinch of sea salt
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 30g chocolate chips
• 1 tsp plain flour
You can double the recipe to makes 8, or triple the recipe to make 12 cupcakes.
1) Beat egg with a fork, and add sugar until creating lots of bubbles on top. Add in sifted plain flour, baking powder, soften or melted butter, a pinch of sea salt, vanilla extract and milk. Stir together until well combined. rest for a few minutes before baking.
2) Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Bake in oven preheated, upper and lower, no fan 150°C for 15 minutes and 130°C with fan, for 3-5 minutes.
3) Best made and eaten on the same day. It's always delicious when it's warm, this reminds me of super moist butter cake, that will warm you from the inside.
Recipe Source: Josephine's Recipes
1) Do not over bake, if not your cake will turn out dry. so make sure you're keeping an eye on the cake. For guaranteed results it's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature is important. It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
2) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
3) If lower the oven temperature to 130°C /100°C and bake for 20 minutes, the muffins seem generally less brown.
4) Do not use expired and old baking powder.
5) If you use too little baking powder and they won't rise enough, use too much and they will rise quickly and then collapse. my suggestion is before baking, you can rest it for 5-15 minutes and let the rise that makes them EXTRA fluffy.