I've purchased these - 1kg box premium quality scallops - £28 - last safely for around 3 days in the refrigerator. so I put them straight in the freezer, then they can usually be frozen for at least several months.
1) First, sprinkle a pinch of salt and rinse the scallops in cold, clean running water.
2) Add the marinade ingredients,1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 40% alcohol, it can kill off the bacteria and add flavour. I recommend marinating for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator, but not more than 1 hour.
3) Use a non-stick pan to cook the scallops on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until all the scallops are in white colour.
4) Set the dehydrator temperature at 55/70C. Dehydrate the scallops for 12-15 hours, depending on the size.
5) Fresh dried scallops that are a beautiful golden colour. Store them airtight in the freezer for longer, up to 6 months or keep them in the refrigerator for a month. They become brown with age and also lose their flavour. 35 pieces - 220g dried scallops from 1000g raw scallops.
6) Cook the milky white liquid came from scallops. add 1-2 tablespoons sugar. 1/2 tablespoon corn flour, water to stir combined and 1 tablespoon dark soy sauces and cook until thickened. Set aside to cool and bottled in a clean jar, It can be kept in the upper, the coldest part, refrigerator for about 14 days. This homemade scallop sauces are so flavourful, it's perfect for stir fry pak choi, beef like oyster sauces, or marinate bbq/grilling.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @josephinerecipes on Instagram and share your pictures on below comment box.
Recipe Source: Josephine's Recipes