Kinako is a powder made by finely grinding roasted soya beans and granulated sugar. Commonly used as coating for traditional desserts and sweets, like glutinous rice cake rolls, (mochi) or any baked goods. it can easily be incorporated into a smoothie or shake to increase its nutritional value also adds a natural nutty goodness to your drink of choice and is a great alternative to peanut butter or peanut flour.
• 60g soya beans, optional
• 10g golden, granulated sugar, optional
1) Wash soybeans thoroughly and drain.
2) Place the soybeans on a baking pan or you can using a frying pan on your stove top.
3) No-preheated ove, upper and bottom fan, roast at 150C for 10 minutes. reduce the oven temperature to 0C for another 2 minutes. all the soybeans colors turned to brown and epidermis burst.
4) Use a small grinder, add roasted soy beans and granulated sugar to finely grinding into a powder. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk