My absolute favourite, very tasty and healthy version of homemade ''black sesame paste'' and so easy to make at home. They were however perfect for glutinous rice cake roll, and this recipe contain no oil, no butter, no lard, and using less sugar than many other recipes and grocerious shop. now, create your own black sesame paste with 5 ingrediens and make your version much healthier and tastier.
• 35g black sesame seeds, toasted
• 5g white sesame seeds, toasted
• 20g walnuts, toasted
• 40g brown sugar, optional
• 40g water, cooled boiled
You'll need a food processor to blend all the ingredients into a paste.
1) In a frying pan, add black and white sesame seeds, heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes until the seeds turn brown, glisten and occasionally pop or jump. remove pan from heat and set aside.
2) Add toasted, sesame seeds, walnuts, brown sugar and water in a food processor, turn the grinder on and let it run for a minute or so, until smooth. Ladle it into the sterilsed jars. Store it in the fridge and use the paste within a week. Above the recipe ingredients you can make 2 batches of glutinous rice cake with black sesame paste. If you double the recipe, you can make a jar of 300ml.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk