TOTAL PAGEVIEWS

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 1 April 2024

Husband cooks for wifeπŸ‘¨πŸ»‍🍳 Seafood Rice Porridge once in a week, once in the month!!!

One of the variations I enjoy most is seafood congee, which includes tasty additions such as lobster, crab, mussels, whelks and scallops. 

Since moving here, I have been searching for the nearest fresh market where I can find lobster and crab. Sometimes they also have fresh whelks, mussels and scallops available. 

The environment is lovely, with friendly and helpful staff providing very good service. The seafood is always fresh and reasonably priced. They offer the opportunity to purchase fresher items that you can't find in regular stores. 

My husband cleans, cuts and prepares the lobster and crab along with other seafood. 

We sprinkle sea salt and corn flour on them before air-frying at high heat for about 10 minutes - a healthier option compared to deep frying. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight bag in the freezer for later use. 

My husband has a comforting recipe for Seafood Congee that's simple but time-consuming to prepare. After making a large pot of congee, we add deep-fried lobster and crabs along with cooked whelks, raw mussels and scallops until everything is done cooking - when you taste the real umami flavour it's ready! To enhance the flavours even more, we top it with spring onions, coriander and fried shallots before adding white pepper, sea salt, sesame oil and light soy sauce. This dish not only provides comfort but also essential nutrients; although it takes some preparation time to make this home-cooked meal worth enjoying quality time with loved ones over a satisfying meal. 

I don't usually take videos while cooking but this time I was in the mood so I recorded my husband preparing it as well as us eating it - normally I just can't wait to eat without taking pictures or videos because it's absolutely my favourite dish that's good for health too! It shows love when someone invests their time into cooking good food, bringing us good health and happiness :)


SUBSCRIBE & never miss a video!
πŸ”” HIT that BELL to receive a notification when I upload new videos!
πŸ‘ THUMBS UP my video if you enjoyed watching, please!

🚫 Do not use my videos without permission.
Copyright © Josephine Recipes. All rights reserved.

Thank you for watching ❤️
Subscribe & show your support with a thumbs up πŸ‘

Enjoy!

Copyright © Josephine's Recipes. All rights reserved.
No part of this video (including thumbnail images or written recipe)  may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without the written permission of the copyright holder.

No comments: