• 1 cup (246g) sugar
• 1 tbsp cold water
• 300ml (300g) double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• A pinch of sea salt
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
1) Heat sugar and cold water in a saucepan over medium low heat. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown colored liquid. Be careful not to burn. Once sugar is completely melted, add the double cream, a pinch of sea salt and soy sauces. Set aside to cool. Pour it into jars and refrigerate for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
1) Do not increase the heat to medium high or high heat.
2) Keeping a close eye on it.
3) If you don't inclination to stand at the stove for about 15 minutes to wait the sugar is completely melted, then you'll have to come back every 5 minutes.
4) Brown or cane sugar can replace to a regular sugar.
5) After making caramel, If has already hardened and fully solidify in the saucepan, fill the pan with enough water to cover the caramel, Bring to a boil on high heat and allow it to come to a simmer at least 10 minutes. Rinse the saucepan to remove the flaked off caramel. Scrub away any remaining caramel with a scourer. Mixing one tablespoon of white vinegar with warm water and rinse again,
and you end up with a perfectly clean pan though.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk