Makes 20 (S), 12-15 (M), 7-8 (L)
• 18g, 1 tbsp salted butter, melted
• 18g, 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 egg yolk or 1/2 whisked egg
• 25g, 2 tbsp plain flour
• 1/4 tsp, baking soda
• a pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp
• 20g, 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 50g-65g dark chocolate chips/chunks/chopped nuts (optional)
1) Put melted butter, brown sugar, egg yolk, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix it in with a wide spoon.
2) Add dark chocolate chips, chunks and mix well.
No need to chill the dough, but it's okay to chill in the fridge until ready to use.
3) Use a spoon to make small scoops of the mixture and press into discs and spacing them well apart on the baking tray and has been lined with baking parchment. This mixture should make about 20 (S), 12-15 (M), 7-8 (L) cookies, optional.
4) No preheated oven 130-150C, switch on up and down fan, middle rack. Bake for 8 minutes (S) and (M), (L) for 10-12 minutes until they are double in sized. Switch off the oven 0C and bake for another 5 minutes for extra crisp and crunchy. Skip it if you like soft and chewy in the middle and crisp in the edges,.
5) Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack. Let cookies cool completely before storing them and transfer your cookies into an airtight container and keep the cookie container at room temperature.