The softest, fluffiest bread you will ever eat, free from artificial ingredients and preservatives. Bread machine is a life saver for everyday bread, honestly! Just threw everything in the bread machine, and then press ferment until the beep noise. Take it out and shaped into as many as you want the bread rolls. this would save a lot of time and of course save life too. I love my morning breakfast bread, that served simply with salted butter, smoked german cheese, fried eggs and ham.
8 inch cake pan
To make the roux:
• 120g-140g, 1/2 cup, hot milk
• 25g, 2 tbsp bread flour
• 70g, 7 tbsp cold milk
• 60g, 2 tbsp greek yogurt
• 1 whisked egg
• 30g, 3 tbsp sugar
• 5g, 1 tsp dried yeast
• 300g bread flour
• 20g salted butter, soften or melted
1) In a saucepan. pour cold milk and set over to medium high heat about 2-3 minutes, and turn off heat, add bread flour, quickly stir until thicken and smooth paste forms to make a milk roux,
2) Place the milk roux, cold milk, greek yogurt, whisked egg, sugar, yeast and bread flour into the bread pan. Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading. Once the process has been completed. add butter to the bread pan, and continue ''stir 2'' until beeps will signal. close the lid gently.
3) Press the MENU button again until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine.
4) Turn the dough out onto a grease surface, punch down the dough, and cut into as many as you desire. roll each ball with a rolling pin. and roll up then place on the baking pan.
5) Rise in the warm oven for 30 minutes. Bake in no preheated oven 150°C, until the buns are golden brown, about 22 minutes. (Baking time depends on the size and shape of the bread being baked).
6) Once breads have cooked, remove from the oven and immediately brush the sugar syrup over the top of the bread and serve!
1) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days.
3) The best way to store bread for freshness is in the freezer for about 1 month. after defrost the bread, reheating and serve, tastes like fresh-baked.
4) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
5) If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C-37°C. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk