One of my favourite Chinese New Year goodies. This is one of my secret recipe and the best jerky that I have ever tasted. My husband and I very addicted with this savoury snacks. Whether you make it as a surprise finger food for business or your upcoming party. you and your guests will love this jerky and can't stop eating it!
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp clear honey
2-5 tbsp fish sauce, optional
2 tbsp mirin or rice wine
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp chinese five spice
2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp white pepper
1 tbsp fermented bean curd (Shanghai)
500g lean pork mince
3 tbsp fermented bean curd sauces + 3-5 tbsp honey or golden syrup for brushing
1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with a spoon for cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to use.
2) Place marinade pork minced on parchment paper and up with another paper and easy to roll to a thin layer as you desire. gently brush the top and down side with fermented bean curd sauces.
3) Transfer sheets of meat to a large pan and bake in a 200°C oven for 20 minutes. Spoon off and discard the sauce or the meat oil and put back to the oven until reaches the time. Cut into 4 pieces and brushing honey or golden syrup on it.
4) Increase oven temperature to 220°C, and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Flip slices of jerky over with a pair of tongs. brushing honey or golden syrup again. Return pan to the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Total Baking Time: 35 minutes
1) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. I used BEKO OIM22300X.
2) For guaranteed results it's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature is important. It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
Recipe Source: Josephine's Recipes