These cookies are absolutely our favorite, Super crunchy and melt in your mouth nutty goodness, full of heavenly in every bite. very easy to make and very addictive, I guarantee they'll disappear faster on the same day you make them.
• 95g cake flour
• 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 35g brown sugar
• 45g butter, room temperature
• 2g sea salt
• 15g finely chopped toasted walnuts
• 12 toasted walnuts pieces, for garnishing
• 1 egg yolk, beaten for glazing
1) In a large bowl, Sift the cake flour, bicarbonate of soda and Mix the brown sugar, butter, sea salt and finely chopped toasted walnuts.
2) Use your hands to mix and knead everything's until well combined. Take a small piece about 1 tbsp dough and gently press it to make a round shape. Put them on the baking mat and repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
3) Carefully and slowly place a walnuts pieces in the middle of each cookies or you can skip this.
4) Separate egg yolks from whites, then whisk the yolk thoroughly. brushing the surface with egg yolks.
5) Heat the oven to 170°C, always bake with both top and bottom heat, and Bake for 21 minutes.
---(Beko Built In Electric Single Oven: Turn the convector fan off and bake for 17 minutes, then bake for another 4 minutes with fan assisted ).
6) Remove from baking mat and cool completely on wire rack. Cookies can generally be stored in a sealed, airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
1) You can buy raw walnuts and simply toasted them on the frying pan in low heat for a few minutes, or put in the fan oven 120°C for about 8-10 minutes.
2) The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight containers for 5 days.
3) To make sure your cookies to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
4) Understanding your oven and depending on how big your cookies is and you need to adjust the baking time.
5) Use the kitchen scale to measure by weight for baking instead of using measuring tsp, tbsp and cups. This will give you a better measure of ingredients.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk