Here's a Good Luck cookies to celebrate the Chinese New Year. These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth and very addictive, full of peanut goodness, rich and crumbly bites, also are one of my all time favourite snacks.
Makes about 35 or 16 large peanut cookies
• 38g granulated sugar
• 120g roasted peanuts
• 100g plain flour
• a pinch of sea salt
• 45-50g peanut oil
• 35 or 16 peanuts for garnishing
• 1 egg, beaten for glazing
1) Transfer granulated sugar to a blender into powdered sugar.
2) Use a same blender, and blend the peanuts until finely chopped.
3) In a large bowl, combine the chopped peanuts, powdered sugar, flour, salt, and peanut oil.
4) Use your hands to mix and knead everything's until well combined. Take a small piece about 1 tsp small or 1 tbsp large dough, roll and make a ball. Put them on the baking sheets and repeat until all the mixture has been used up. Place a peanut in the middle of each cookies.
5) Preheated the fan oven to 150°C and Bake for about 16 minutes to 25 minutes.
6) Separate egg yolks from whites, then whisk the yolk thoroughly. after middle baking. brushing the surface with whisked yolks. Reduce the heat to 120°C and continue baking for another 8 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.Carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or storing in an airtight containers.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk