This recipe was a hit, and easy to follow! It can be using your hands and a mixer. Bread machine is a life saver for everyday bread, honestly! Just threw everything in the bread machine, and then press ferment until the beep noise. Take it out and shaped into as many as you want the bread rolls. this would save a lot of time and of course save life too.
• 165g bread flour
• 1 tsp, 4g allinson yeast
• 120g cold milk
• 20g sugar
• 2 tbsp milk powder, or just skip it
20g-30g butter, soften or melted
For the glaze:
1/2 egg yolk + 1 tbsp milk (egg wash), melted butter
or 2 tbsp golden syrup + 1 tbsp boiling water (sugar syrup)
1) Place the (A) ingredients, bread flour, yeast, cold milk, sugar and milk powder into the bread pan. close the lid gently.
2) Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading. Once the process has been completed ''stir 1'', open the lid, add butter to the bread pan, and continue ''stir 2'' until beeps will signal.
3) Press the MENU button until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes giving the dough more depth flavor or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine.
4) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, punch down the dough, and cut into as many as you desire. roll each ball with a rolling pin. and roll up then place on the baking tray.
5) Rise in the oven with boiled water on the underneath, in the warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until double or triple in sized. Bake in no preheated oven 150°C, until the buns are golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Baking time depends on the size and shape of the bread being baked).
6) Once breads have cooked, remove from the oven and immediately brush with glaze.
1) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days.
3) The best way to store bread for freshness is in the freezer for about 1 month. after defrost the bread, reheating and serve, tastes like fresh-baked.
4) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
5) If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C-37°C. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
6) Butter is better, because it's safe, fresh and real food. only little bit unhealthy saturated fats. Margarine is deadly, because of trans fats. You should probably just use 1 tbsp mild olive oil instead to raise your good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol, replace carbohydrates with fat.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk