I am so excited to share this chocolate cheesecake, swirl cupcakes. it is delicious, soft and moist chocolate cake filled with cream cheese are super delicate without being too sweet, and melt in your mouth. Topped with a cream cheese that's light and fluffy, also decorate with candy sprinkles. They are a wonderful option for any special occasion!
Makes 9-12 cupcakes
1 - 23cm square cake and 6 inch cake
• 3 egg yolks
• 30g, 3 tbsp sugar
• 20g, 4 tbsp vegetable oil
• 28g, 41/4 tbsp milk
• 8g, 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 15g, 21/4 tbsp cocoa powder
• 45g, 6 tbsp cake flour
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp lime / lemon juice
• 50g, 5 tbsp sugar
• 300g soft cheese or cream cheese
• 50g, 5 tbsp sugar
• 1 large egg whites
1) In a bowl, Add (A) egg yolks, sugar, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract, sieved cocoa powder and cake flour, stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix!
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then adding cream of tartar, or squeezing a little lime or lemon juice and add sugar a little bit at a time, beating until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker, and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, then turn back the batter into the whites, and the most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated!
4) Bake at preheated oven, on the lowest oven rack at 150°C -5 minutes for the first layer of cupcakes and then taking it out from the oven, and spread the (C) cream cheese mixture and the remaining batter and bake again for another 20 minutes, and 23cm square pan for 15 minutes and then bake again for another 30 minutes. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan.
5) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 10 minutes. Dropping the cake pan from high once to prevent the cake to shrink too much during cooling. Make sure cakes are properly cooled before cutting them.
Decorate with candy sprinkles if you like.
1) Cake sink or collapse after cooling, because you've turned the hot cake in the oven too soon once baked or pans were greased too heavily or placed too close together in the oven or over-baked.
2) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
3) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
4) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
5) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
6) Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
7) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
8) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk