• 113g, 1/2 cup, 125ml boiling hot water
• 25g, 2 tbsp bread flour
• 65g cold milk
• 1 whole egg
• 20g, 2 tbsp sugar
• 18g, 2 tbsp milk powder
• 240g bread flour
• 30g cake flour
• 5g, 1 tsp dried yeast
• 25g, soften butter
• a pinch of sea salt or 1/4 tsp normal salt
• Whisk 1 egg yolk for brushing the crust
• or melted butter to give the crust a super shine
Bread dough method:
1) In a saucepan. Pour water and set over to medium high heat about 2-3 minutes, and turn off heat, add bread flour, quickly stir until thicken and smooth paste forms to make a water roux.
2) In a large bowl, Add the water-roux, cold milk, whisked egg, sugar, milk powder, bread flour, cake flour and yeast. mix well.
3) Kneading the dough by hand, about 10 minutes. Adding soften butter, a pinch of sea salt. push the dough up and down, beat until no longer stick to your hands.
4) Place smooth dough in a lightly greased, large mixing bowl. Rise in the room temperature for 1 hour until triple in sized. (or allow to cold rise: cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in upper or second rack of refrigerator overnight).
5) When risen. Transfer the whole dough to a floured work surface. Use a kitchen scale for calculate the ''whole dough'' and divide the weight by the number of pieces you want.
6) Forming it into a ball. pressing it down and roll out into a rectangle. Place the dough onto a baking tray and rise again for another 30 minutes or 1 hour in the warm place until double in sized. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C. If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
7) Brushing the crust with whisked egg yolk on top. Bake in preheated oven 150°C for 25 minutes. Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time.
8) Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm!
1) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days.
3) The best way to store bread for freshness is in the freezer for about 1 month. after defrost the bread, reheating and serve, tastes like fresh-baked.
4) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
5) If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C-37°C. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
6) Butter is better, because it's safe, fresh and real food. only little bit unhealthy saturated fats. Margarine is deadly, because of trans fats. You should probably just use 1 tbsp mild olive oil instead to raise your good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol, replace carbohydrates with fat.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk