Sunday, 6 March 2016
Homemade Super Soft and Fluffy Milk Bread | Chinese Bakery Buns | Bread Rolls | 牛奶麵包製作 - Josephine's Recipes 174
I was so happy with the way this bread turned out and I love the smell of freshly baked bread. These bread incredibly light, soft, moist, fluffy and airy. I already made six batches from the list and have about two more weeks. This makes me believe this truly is a amazing experiment. Making bread makes me feel sort of like a super hero lol. Give this a go, and I hope you are proud of yourself for trying this recipe and you've said yes.
For the dough:
● 2 1/2 cup bread flour
● 2 tbsps sugar
● 1 tsp dried yeast
● 1 cup warm milk
● 1 whisk egg
● 3 tbsps soften butter
For brushing the tops:
● 2 tbsps golden syrup
● 1 tbsp water
For the fillings:
1) Mix the dry ingredients together onto the work surface or large bowl. (bread flour, sugar, yeast, warm milk in 8 batches, whisk egg and butter).
2) Knead it well for 10 minutes and beat the dough by hand about 15 -30 minutes, until soft, springy and does not stick to work surface.
3) Cover and proofing the dough overnight in the fridge, cold-rise fermentation. (or you can just sit at room temperature for about 1 - 2 hours and then bake as normal). take the dough out, let it come back to room temperature for 2 hours until tripled in size.
4) Transfer the dough to a lightly floured worktop and roll into the desired shape, add your favourite fillings or just plain. proof again for 35 minutes in the oven until doubled in size.
5) In a small bowl, add 2 tbsps golden syrup and 1 tbsp water and stir until well combined.
6) Preheat the oven to 150C, bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Brush the top of the bread with sugar water, in the middle as the baking and before 5 minutes done and continues for the last 5 minutes of baking.
7) Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack. Take a piece and eat it. Yum!
1) Keep the bread fresh and moist for 2 days. put them in a food plastic bag and locked it or store it in an airtight container and reheat and serve. (heat it up, and it will taste freshly baked again).
2) Wrap the cooled, dry bread in food plastic bag, zip and locked it and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months and re-heat and serve.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk