Here's a Good Luck cookies to celebrate the Chinese New Year. These cookies are melt-in-yout-mouth and very addictive, full of peanut goodness, rich and crumbly bites, also are one of my all time favourite snacks.
Makes about 35 peanuts
65g granulated sugar
110g roasted peanuts
100g cake flour
a pinch of salt
65ml peanut oil
35 whole peanuts for garnishing
1 egg, beaten for glazing
1) Transfer granulated sugar to a blender into powdered sugar.
2) Use a same blender, and blend the peanuts until finely chopped.
3) In a large bowl, combine the chopped peanuts, powdered sugar, flour, salt, and peanut oil.
4) Use your hands to mix and knead everything's until well combined. Take a small piece about 1 tsp dough, roll and make a ball. Put them on the baking sheets and repeat until all the mixture has been used up. Place a peanut in the middle of each cookies.
5) Preheat the oven to 150°C and Bake for about 16 minutes.
6) Separate egg yolks from whites, then whisk the yolk thoroughly. after middle baking, brushing the surface with egg yolks and continue baking for another 8 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or storing in an airtight containers.
1) You can find roasted peanuts almost anywhere in local grocery.
2) The cookies will stay fresh in an airtight containers for 5 days.
3) Depending on how big you roll the balls and you need to adjust the baking time.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk