2 cups plain flour
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp oil
1 tsp instant dry yeast
(Allinson Easy Bake Yeast)
1 cup warm milk (250ml)
should be under 38°c
Oil for deep frying
1) Pour a glass of cold milk and put the milk in a microwave to heat it up about 26 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast, mix well. Sit in the oven (26°c - 30°c) for about 20 minutes or until bubbles arise.
2) In a large bowl, add 2 cups plain flour, 3 teaspoon of sugar, 1 tsp oil, Add the (1) yeast mixture to the flour and mix together with your spoon.
3) The first fermentation takes about 2-3 hours, leave to rise in the oven under 38°c, the dough should rise until double or triple in sized. or you can let the dough rise in the refrigerator overnight instead; (cool rise at least 10 hours). After taking the dough out of the refrigerator, reshape and let rise again in the second fermentation.
4) Sprinkle some more flour over the dough, kneading the dough inside a bowl. and some flour on a clean work surface. Transfer the soft and sticky dough and then ''knead well for 25 times''. Covered with a wet cloth.
5) The second fermentation takes about an hour. Leave to rise in a warm place or in the oven under 38°c, the dough should rise until it is puffy.
6) Add 1 tsp oil when you knead it. ''knead well for 25 times again''. (IMPORTANT PROCESS)!
7) Roll out the dough on a well floured surface to about ½ inch thick, Cut to shape and making conjoined dough twins. Using a bamboo sticks or chopstick, make a gutter in the middle of each strip and Pressing it down lightly. Pick up one double strip. Hold the two ends and stretch it until 8 inches long. Repeat process with remaining pieces.
8) Fry in hot oil (at approximately 180°c). Gently flip it over continuously many times with chopstick,
Keep flipping & frying until they have puffed up and become golden brown and remove.
9) Drain off excessive oil or drain on kitchen paper before eating. It was traditionally served warm and Enjoy!
1) After the second fermentation, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil, then knead well and remember rest for 15 minutes.
2) This process will increase your fried breadstick, super crispy even after a few more hours.
The fermentation temperature, and time control are two very important elements in making the perfect dough.You can put the dough in the refrigerator overnight, so the next day, you can save a lot of time or you can rise the dough on the same day. It's up to you!
3) (STEP 2) - 3 teaspoon of Salt can be replaced with Sugar.
4) You can add extra 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of baking powder and mix with 2 cups of plain flour.
and it's possible with just warm water instead of milk also perfect to put the sugar and yeast together until bubbles arise.
• WATCH THE VIDEO AND FULL RECIPE FROM BEGINNING TO END,
OR EVEN WATCH / READ MORE THAN ONCE BEFORE YOU BEGIN COOKING.
IF YOU'RE NOT SURE, WELCOME TO ASK
• ALL STEPS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!