Wednesday, 19 February 2020
This homemade raisin bread is a delicious and it makes fabulous toast. Whichever way you like it. Slices of warm raisin bread and a cup of hot tea work wonders for holiday visitors to our home also is a top-notch breakfast choice.
• 275g bread flour
• 120g, 1/2 cup cold milk
• 1 tsp, 4g allinson yeast
• 20g, 2 tbsp granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 30g, salted butter or 1/2 tbsp olive oil, mild for baking
For a basic egg wash:
• 1/2 egg yolk + 1/2 tablespoon milk
• 120g flame raisins, optional
• 1/2 tbsp pure honey
1) In a bowl, add bread flour, milk, dried yeast, sugar, egg, stir together, a pinch of salt, and butter, kneading dough by hand about 10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic and greased the same bowl, cover with cling film and rise in the warm oven for 30 minutes to 1 hour until the dough had doubled in size. or you can also refrigerate over night. It's often easier to refrigerate for the first proof. The process is called cold fermentation, and it slows down the activity.
2) Place the raisins in a small bowl and pour the boiling water on top, keep the raisins in the hot water for at least 5 minutes or until they reach the level of plumpness you desire and drain, mix with a honey.
3) Transfer dough to a lightly oiled or lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. shape into a round balls and roll each in a long square, sprinkle some soaked honey raisins, and roll up and then place in a greased loaf pan. second rise again for another 30 minutes. brush egg wash before baking, and bake in no preheated oven 150C for 25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting in slices.
1) Why is my dough getting stickier while kneading? If dough is over-kneaded, it could be causing the gluten structures to actually break down or when the protein content of the flour used is unsuitable for bread. The dough gets stickier and starts to tear a lot. If it is a very wet dough, like a very high hydration, it might be more appropriate to stretch and fold rather than trying to knead it by sprinkle some flour on it.
2) These bread are best eaten within a day. Leftover breads can store in an freezer bag and seal tightly or airtight bag. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month. If you prefer toasted bread, you can toast bread slices straight from frozen.
3) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
4) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
5) If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C-37°C. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Thursday, 6 February 2020
Making your own sweetened condensed milk is so rich and yummy, also easy and healthy way compare to groceries can version. Because you know how much sugar and milk on it. I always enjoying my gooey treat and slather it on toast, avocados, stir into coffee or tea and my favourite summer specialty is an iced fappucino and it is perfect for making homemade ice cream, and so much more. This homemade sweetened condensed milk is a recipe that I hope you love as much as I do. Give this a try today. I promise, you won’t regret it.
• 21/2 cups, 610g semi skimmed milk / whole milk
• 1 cup, 250g golden granulated sugar
1) Mix sugar and milk together in a 32cm large frying pan. Bring to a medium-high heat. As soon as steam starts lifting off the milk, stir often, it takes about 30 minutes, it has reduced by half and thickened slightly or until you are happy with the consistency. You may notice some foam forming on top, gently skim it off with a strainer.
2) Allow to cool completely and store in a sterilise jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It will get thicker when it is refrigerated.
1) Use a large frying pan instead of saucepan to cook the sweetened condensed milk, for save a lot of time and energy. if not it will need to cook about 1-2 hours on stove and mess everywhere.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @josephinerecipes on Instagram and share your pictures on below comment box.