This wholemeal bread loaf is made without butter and sugar. Here's the best bread is rich in flavour and packed with nuts and seeds. try pumpkin seeds, poppy, linseed or peanuts. Also can lose weight, lower cholesterol and more. The softest, fluffiest and healthy bread you will ever eat, free from artificial ingredients and preservatives. There's nothing better than freshly baked bread.
To make the roux:
• 140g water, cold
• 25g bread flour
• 140g water roux
• 70g cold milk
• 40g pure honey
• 1 tsp, 5g allinson yeast
• 220g bread flour
• 60g wholemeal seed & grain flour
• 20g chopped walnuts & sunflower seeds
• a pinch of sea salt
1/2 tbsp, mild olive oil / vegetable oil
1) In a saucepan, mix water and bread flour together until combined to avoid lumps. cook until thickened and smooth paste forms. The roux can also stored in the freezer for a month or fridge up to 3 days if you making for a few batches just triple the recipe in above.
2) Add water roux, cold milk, honey, and the yeast into a large bowl. combine bread flour, wholemeal seed & grain flour, chopped walnuts and sunflower seeds with sea salt. Use a spatula to stir until well combined. before kneading rest for a few minutes.
3) Kneading a bread dough by hand about 10 minutes to form adequate gluten. slowly adding oil to the dough as it is kneaded prevents sticking. Your dough should be smooth and elastic when it’s ready. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, flip the dough over to coat it in oil, then cover with a sheet of cling film. Cold rise overnight in the upper of the fridge. or cover with a wet cloth and leave in a warm place until doubled in size, this will take about 1 hour.
4) Once doubled in size, knock out the air bubbles, Shape the dough into an oval roughly the same length as your tin. Place in the greased loaf tin and leave to prove, rise in the warm oven for 30-45 mins until it has nearly doubled in size again. Gently press a finger into the loaf to check if it has had enough proving time.
5) Heat fan oven to 150°C. Lightly brush the top of the dough with milk. sprinkle over the remaining nuts, seeds and oats and place on a lower rack and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack for at least 30 mins before slicing.
1) These are best eaten within a day. Leftover breads can store in an airtight bag. It can also be frozen for up to 1 month, defrost and reheated in a toaster or hot oven.
2) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
3) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
4) If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C-37°C. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk