Wow, A mixed fruit cream cake, nearly as impressive as a baked one. Place the fresh mangos onto one cake and top with heavy cream. We love soft and fluffy cake and topping with all the fresh fruits. I just made these and want to surprises and celebration memorable for my husband. Just give him a big surprise and happy birthday!
• 3 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 4 tbsp corn oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 tbsp milk
• 1 tbsp milk powder
• 6 tbsp cake flour
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 4 tbsp sugar
For the cream:
• 568ml double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• sliced mango
• mango Chunks
• A few mint leaves
(choose your favourite fresh fruits, or top with whipped cream and mango slices as you desired).
1) In a bowl, mix (A) egg yolks, sugar, corn oil, vanilla extract, milk and milk powder. Sift in the cake flour and whisk until smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then add cream of tartar and sugar a little bit at a time until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3 minutes.
3) Folding cake batter into a whites, and mix until incorporated.
4) Pour the mixture into the 32cm x 27cm prepared tin with baking parchment and use a spatula to smooth it evenly into the corners.
5) Use a large baking pan for a hot water bath and Preheat the oven to 160°C and Bake for 35 minutes.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 15 minutes, and remove from the oven.
7) In the meantime, whip the (C) double cream until it is just thick enough to hold its shape and add vanilla extract for a little extra flavor. Refrigerate it, before using if needed.
8) Once the cake is cool, remove the lining. Cut the cake in half.
9) Use a sharp knife to peel the mango and slice. Arrange mango slices in a single layer over cream and place second cake layer. Refrigerate until ready to use.
10) Take the cake out from the refrigerator and cut side down, pressing gently to secure it. Spread with a palette Knife over the sides of the cake, and around the top of the cake. Refrigerate the cake, as well as the cream until firm, at least 10 minutes. Spread remaining whipped cream on cake top and decorate with fresh fruits. Return cake to the refrigerator until cream on cake is set, about 15 minutes.
11) Transfer the cake to a plate for serving. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2 days.
1) It's fine to use cold eggs for baking, or you still can use room temperature eggs. The temperature of eggs will affects the baking time, and cold eggs will take longer to bake.
2) Chill the bowl and whisk in the freezer before whisk the egg whites and making whipped cream.
3) Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
4) Whipping cream doesn’t whip up as thickly as double cream.
5) Cutting off the crusty edge from the sides.
6) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could crack on top.
7) Fold the batter into a egg whites. Cut the egg whites into the mixture. Don't stir and never use an electric mixer for this.
8) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
9) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
10) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently.
You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
11) You must refrigerate a cream cake while you spreads a layer of cream, and it doesn't melt or weep as quickly.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk