Cheers to A Chinese New Year, and Happy Eating! Here are the instructional video how-to steps from cleaning, preparing and cooking the crabs. You'll easy to follow.
Servings 4 - 6
4 large size live crabs
2 cup potato starch
oil for frying
green & red peppers
garlic cloves, finely chopped
ginger & Onion slices
whole red chilies
The amount of ingredients B as you desired.
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp oyster sauces
6 tbsp bull head barbecue sauce
1/2 cup chinese rice wine or sherry wine
1) Cleaning the Crabs (See video 0:49 - 1:05) Rinse the crabs thoroughly with cold water
and give it a good scrubbing until clean. you'll make sure you get all the dirt and grime off.
2) Getting Rid of Unwanted Parts (See video 1:06 - 2:18)
3) Deep-fry the Crabs in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes (See video 2:19 - 5:49) Heat the wok before adding oil, Sprinkle some potato starch over the crabs. then dip each piece in potato starch. Place crabs into the heat oil deep fry for 2 -3 mins. Carefully turn over, and cook until golden on the other side. drain off excess oil.
4) Stir Fry Crabs with ''Bull Head'' barbecue sauce (See video 5:51 - 8:05) also known as Chinese satay sauce (See video 7:03 - 7:11)
5) Heat up the oil, stir fry the garlic, ginger, onion, red chilies and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the crabs, fry about a few seconds, then add water, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, and bull head barbecue sauce. Stir-fry until the crab is evenly coated and the meat is opaque. Add the green & red peppers, wine and green onions. Stir-fry for for 3 minutes. Transfer the crabs to a serving dishes,
garnish with the green onions and chopped chilies and Serve with Steamed white rice.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk