Red rice has a high nutritional value, as the germ of the rice is left intact. This aromatic rice tea brings us the refreshing. Its sweet, toasted rice flavour. That combines perfectly with dried mandarin peel / dried tangerine peel.
You can use brown rice instead of red.
See the following link for more details
500g red rice 紅米
28g dried mandarin peel 陳皮
1) Rinse the mandarin peel and red rice, drain and air dry.
2) Toasting peel and rice in a pan, over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until grains turned a rich dark colour.
3) Leave to cool, and store in an airtight container.
Making the perfect cup of Tea:
3 tbsp roasted rice / dried mandarin peel
3 cups water
1) Bring the 3 cups water to a boil in a pot,
add the 3 tbsp toasted rice / dried mandarin peel
and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
2) Strain out and pour the rice tea into a glassand serve plain
then you can serve hot or cold and even eat the rice.
1) Put 3 tbsp roasted rice in the pot.
2) Add 3 cups of hot water, Leave for a few minutes. (Generally, stewed in hot water to make this drink).
3) Strain out the rice, pour the rice tea into a glass and serve plain.
Toasted Rice Tea Health Benefits:
• Aiding digestion, easing morning sickness in pregnant women
and curing motion sickness.
• Other benefits include balancing blood sugar,
activating liver detoxification, treating colds and flu and relieving stress
• Lower Cholesterol
• Medicine: Traditional Chinese drinks and beverages for breastfeeding mums.
• As a new mum, you need to drink roasted rice tea instead of water,
for about three months rice tea made of boiled water until in the full of the moon.