Making your own sweetened condensed milk is so rich and yummy, also easy and healthy way compare to groceries can version. Because you know how much sugar and milk on it. I always enjoying my gooey treat and slather it on toast, avocados, stir into coffee or tea and my favourite summer specialty is an iced fappucino and it is perfect for making homemade ice cream, and so much more. This homemade sweetened condensed milk is a recipe that I hope you love as much as I do. Give this a try today. I promise, you won’t regret it.
• 21/2 cups, 610g semi skimmed milk / whole milk
• 1 cup, 250g golden granulated sugar
1) Mix sugar and milk together in a 32cm large frying pan. Bring to a medium-high heat. As soon as steam starts lifting off the milk, stir often, it takes about 30 minutes, it has reduced by half and thickened slightly or until you are happy with the consistency. You may notice some foam forming on top, gently skim it off with a strainer.
2) Allow to cool completely and store in a sterilise jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It will get thicker when it is refrigerated.
1) Use a large frying pan instead of saucepan to cook the sweetened condensed milk, for save a lot of time and energy. if not it will need to cook about 1-2 hours on stove and mess everywhere.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @josephinerecipes on Instagram and share your pictures on below comment box.