Makes 7-8 muffins
• 2 large, 120g eggs
• 50g, 3 tbsp granulated or light demerare sugar, optional
• 120g, 12 tbsp sifted plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 60g fresh milk
• 60g melted butter
• a pinch of sea salt
• 120g flame raisins
• 1 tbsp honey
1) Soaked flame raisins in hot water, drain and add tablespoon honey and stir well.
2) Beat egg and sugar until thick and fluffy. Add in sifted plain flour and baking powder. Add vanilla essence, milk and melted butter and a pinch of sea salt. whisk together until well combined. Add raisins into the batter and remaining sprinkle on top.
3) Spoon the muffin mixture into paper cases. Bake in oven preheated to 150/180°C for 25 minutes. Best made and eaten on the same day. It's always delicious when it's warm, this reminds me of super moist butter cake and extra sweetened raisins, that will warm you from the inside.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk