This Perfect Buttercream Frosting is less sweet, creamy, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth soft and is packed with milk flavor without being overly sweet! It tastes just like delicious whipped cream. Easy to add other flavors to it without losing its fluffy texture. I love using this as a frosting or a filling to decorate breads, cupcakes and birthday cakes.
• 250g butter, softened
• 5 tbsp, powdered sugar
• 5 tbsp warm milk
1) To make buttercream, Stir together powdered sugar and milk, set aside until ready to use.
2) Beat butter for about 5 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl down, add the mixture a little at a time. Continue beat until smooth and creamy, about 10-15 minutes. Spoon the cream into a piping bag, fitted with a tip as you desire.
1) The thickness of buttercream frosting make it difficult to spread evenly, a few tricks make it easier to spread buttercream frosting smoothly. To fix buttercream that is too thick, if it is beaten too much and if making it in a cold climate, especially in the winter, using a hair dryer set low to middle to do this and making buttercream look professionally smooth or to thin buttercream frosting, beat in extra milk at 1 teaspoon at a time until the icing is the right consistency.
2) Leftover buttercream can be transferred to an airtight bag or container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freezer until you are ready to use it. It can be kept in the frozen several months.
3) For silky smooth buttercream, make sure your butter is at room temperature.