The softest, fluffiest bread you will ever eat. Using quick and simple milk roux method that keeps baked breads soft and keep fresh for a few days without adding any preservatives. I love my morning breakfast bread, that served simply with salted butter, smoked german cheese, fried eggs and ham.
2 lb Loaf Tin, 21 x 11cm (8,5" x 4.5")
• 120g, 1/2 cup, hot milk
• 25g, 2 tbsp bread flour
• 70g, 7 tbsp cold milk
• 1 whisked egg
• 30g, 3 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp, 15g milk powder
• 4g, 1 tsp dried yeast
• 300g, 2 cup bread flour
• 1 tbsp olive oil or 20g butter if you like
• a pinch of sea salt or 1/4 tsp normal salt
Bread dough method:
1) In a frying pan or saucepan, heat milk, until the milk is warm to hot, then add bread flour. quickly stir until thicken and smooth paste forms to make a milk roux, then add cold milk, whisked egg, sugar, dried yeast, bread flour and stir.
2) Kneading the dough by hand, about 10 minutes. Adding oil a little bit at a time, push the dough up and down, beat until no longer stick to your hands.
3) Place smooth dough in a lightly greased, large mixing bowl. Rise in the room temperature for 1 hour until triple in sized. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C. (or allow to cold rise: cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in upper or second rack of refrigerator overnight).
4) When risen. Transfer the whole dough to a floured work surface. Use a kitchen scale for calculate the ''whole dough'' and divide the weight by the number of pieces you want. Pressing it down and roll into a three rectangle.
5) Place the dough onto a baking tray and rise again for another 30 minutes to 1 hour in the warm place until double in sized. Ideal rise temperatures are between 35°C. If it's a winter day, the common problem is that dough won't rise. Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly.
6) Bake in no preheated oven 150°C on a lower rack and bake for 35 minutes. Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time.
7) Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm!
1) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days or kept in a freezer for 1 month. To reheating and serve, After defrost the bread, It can be wrapped in aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread falling to rise is bad yeast.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk