Love jiggly sponge cake and full flavoured of cheese? Why not make this cheese sponge cake this weekend? You will love this cake!
Makes 10 cupcake cups
• 33g, 5 tbsp butter
• a pinch of sea salt
• 35g, 3 tbsp whole milk
• 55g, 6 tbsp cake flour
• 3 egg yolks, cold
• 3 egg whites, cold
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp lime / lemon juice
• 60g, 6 tbsp sugar
For the Filling & Topping:
• grated parmesan cheese
No need to pre-heat the oven, always bake with both top and bottom heat with fan assisted. To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
1) Heat the butter in a saucepan, over low heat. Add a pinch of sea salt, milk and sugar until it dissolves. Turn off the heat, sift the cake flour, add the egg yolks and mix by hand, less than 25 times until just combined. do not over mix!
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then add cream of tartar and sugar a little bit at a time, beating until stiff peaks, low to medium speed, the peak stands straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture about 5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker, and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, mix until just combined and then turn back the batter into the whites, the most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated.
4) Pour cake batter into your prepared cupcakes pan and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese as a filling and over the top, then pour remaining batter into the pan. Use a spatula and smooth the surface. Bang the cake pan a few times and get the air bubbles out of your cake batter.
5) To prepare a water bath. Pour enough cold water in a larger pan. Bake in no preheated oven, 150°C for 25 minutes or until the cake is set in the centre. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool 15-20 minutes, until the oven temperature reached 50ºC. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
1) Be careful not to get the saucepan hot because the melted butter will burn.
2) It's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature.
3) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
5) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
6) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
7) Use a clean, dry bowl, free of yolk and any other oil or grease while beating egg whites. Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk