These soft and moist chocolate cupcakes filled with dark chocolate are super delicate without being too sweet! Topped with a freshly whipped cream that's light and fluffy, also decorate with cherries and chocolate sprinkles. They are a wonderful option for any special occasion!
• 22g, 4 tbsp corn oil
• 10g, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sieved
• 1 tsp instant coffee, sieved
• 28g, 3 tbsp sugar
• 66g, 6 tbsp milk
• 58g, 7 tbsp cake flour
• 2, large or 3 egg yolks
• a pinch of salt
• 94g, 2, large or 3 egg whites
• 1/2 tsp lime / lemon juice or 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 48g, 5 tbsp sugar
• 600ml double cream, cold
• 1-3 tbsp icing sugar, as you desire
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 250g dark chocolate, sprinkles, shavings or curls
• 12 fresh cherries
1) Heat the corn oil in a saucepan, over low heat. Add sieved cocoa powder, instant coffee, stirring constantly, until fragrant and melted completely, then combine sugar and milk. Turn off the heat, less than 65c. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, sift the cake flour, Add the egg yolks and mix by hand until just combined. do not over mix!
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk egg whites until foamy then squeezing a little lemon juice and add sugar a little bit at a time, beating until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3-5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, then turn back the batter into the whites, and the most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated.
4) Pour cake batter into your prepared cupcakes and sprinkle shredded dark chocolate as a filling and chocolate chips over cake. You could try now without the water bath or to prepare a water bath and see what happens, It's works too!
5) Don't need a preheated oven! 130ºC -150ºC, Always bake with both top and bottom heat with fan assisted for 25 minutes. Makes 12 cupcakes.
To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
6) Leave the cake in the oven, whether turned ''off'' and when it is done. Leaving it in oven while the oven is cooling down, at least 15 minutes or more than 20 minutes, until the oven temperature reached room temperature.
7) When the cake are cool completely. Whisk the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract, until softly whipped, about 3 minutes. Cover with the cling film and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Frost with your favorite whipped cream or buttercream frosting. Decorate with fresh cherries. Before serving, Set in a refrigerator for 10 minutes and Serve!
1) Cake sink or collapse after cooling, because you've turned the hot cake in the oven too soon once baked or pans were greased too heavily or placed too close together in the oven or over-baked.
2) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
3) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
4) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
5) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
6) Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
7) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
8) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk