You don't need to be a professional to bake this pretty floral design dessert that tastes as good as it looks. the apple slices just like a crunchy apple chips, sweet and it looks a lot like beautiful rose. Learn to make this cotton sponge cake and it could be better than enjoying afternoon tea treats in the comfort of your own home? Butter or oil, which makes the best sponge cake? Can you really taste the difference between a cake made with real butter? This recipe is similar with my other's recipes of butter sponge cake and it was published 2 years ago, and it have changed the ingredients. This cake is just like baked egg cakes with a vanilla flavour and produce the same like an amazing fluffy and light texture compared to my other butter sponges. If you give them both a try, I'd love to know what you think? This step by step guide will help you make the prettiest apple roses cake perfect for any special occasion.
6-inch cake pan
• 40g vegetable oil
• 50g cake flour
• 30g whole milk
• 3 egg yolks, cold
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 egg whites, cold
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 45g, sugar
Prepare the apple roses, cut the apples into slices, and dusted with table salt and leave it for a few minutes until the apple slices turning soft and wash in the running water and dry it in the kitchen paper. fold the each strip over to cover the apples, then roll up from short edge into rose and use a toothpick, so that they hold their shape.
1) Cook the oil in a saucepan, over medium low heat. Turn off the heat and sift the cake flour into a large bowl. Pour hot oil to the cake flour gradually and then whisk together to make a smooth batter. Add the milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk egg whites and salt until foamy, then add sugar a little bit at a time, beating until stiff peaks, the peak stands straight up when the beaters are lifted from the mixture. About 5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker, and turn the small amount whisked egg whites into the batter, mix until just combined and then turn back the batter into the whites. The most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated. Use a spatula and smooth the surface. Bang the cake pan a few times and get the air bubbles out of your cake batter. You have to arrange the sliced apple and to form a rose pattern in the middle the top of cake batter .
4) To prepare a water bath. Pour enough cold water in a larger pan. Bake in no preheated oven 150°C for 60 minutes. Bake with lower rack and both top and bottom heat with fan assisted. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan.
5) Once cooked, leave to cool 10 minutes in the oven. Dropping the cake pan from high once. Make sure cakes are properly cooled. Sprinkle some sugar powdered over the apples and turn it out onto a serving plate. Enjoy!
1) Be careful not to get the saucepan too hot.
2) For guaranteed results it's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature is important. It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
3) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
5) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
6) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
7) Use a clean, dry bowl, free of yolk and any other oil or grease while beating egg whites. Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk