These attractive cake will go perfectly with your afternoon tea or birthday party. It's super light and fluffy and will be also a real treat for chocolate lovers.
Makes 1 - 6 inch chiffon cake pan
• 22g, 4 tbsp corn oil 植物油
• 12g, 2 tbsp cocoa powder 可可粉
• 66g, 6 tbsp milk 牛奶
• 20g, 2 tbsp sugar 糖
• 3 egg yolks 蛋黄
• 60g, 7 tbsp cake flour 低筋面粉
• 3 egg whites 蛋白
• 1/2 tsp lemon juice 柠檬汁
• 50g, 5 tbsp sugar 糖
For the Decoration:
• powdered sugar 糖粉
• grapes and flowers for cake 葡萄和鲜花朵
1) Heat the corn oil in a saucepan, over low heat. Add sieved cocoa powder, stirring constantly until melted completely then combine sugar and milk. Turn off the heat, less than 65C. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, sift the cake flour, Add the egg yolks and mix by hand until just combined. do not over mix!
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk egg whites until foamy, squeezing a little lemon juice and add sugar a little bit at a time, beating until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3-5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, then turn back the batter into the whites, and the most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated.
4) Pour cake batter into your prepared pans and sprinkle powdered sugar over cake and decoration with fruits and flowers for cake. You could try now without the water bath or to prepare a water bath and see what happens, It's works too!
5) Bake on the lowest oven rack at 150°C for 45 minutes or until the cake is set in the centre. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan. To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
5) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 10 minutes, until the oven temperature reached to room temperatures.
6) Dropping the cake pan from high once to prevent the cake to shrink too much during cooling. Make sure cakes are properly cooled before cutting them.
7) Transfer the cake to a plate for serving. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2 days.
1) Be careful not to get the saucepan hot because the oil will burn.
2) For guaranteed results it's important to follow exactly this recipe and baking at the right temperature is important. It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
3) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
5) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
6) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
7) Use a clean, dry bowl, free of yolk and any other oil or grease while beating egg whites. Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk