This is the best chocolate cake recipe. you can serve it plain or drizzled with a decadent ganache or fill with butter cream for a birthday cake.
(6-inch cake pan)
• 3 large egg yolks
• 25g sugar
• 25g corn oil
• 28g milk
• 45g cake flour, sieved
• 15g cocoa powder, sieved
• 3 egg whites
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 40g sugar
Pre-heat oven, always bake with both top and bottom heat with fan assisted.
1) In a bowl, mix (A) egg yolks, sugar, corn oil, milk and sift in the cake flour and cocoa powder, whisk until smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then add cream of tartar and sugar a little bit at a time until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3-5 minutes.
3) Folding egg whites into a cake batter, and mix until incorporated.
4) Use a large baking pan for a cold water bath and bake for 60 minutes. 200ºC/10minutes, 150ºC/20minutes, 130ºC/20 minutes. 100ºC/10 minutes. (I used Beko Built In Electric Single Oven).
--- In most oven, Preheated oven to 150ºC and bake for 45 minutes.
To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
5) Once cooked, leave to cool 15 minutes, until the oven temperature reached 50ºC, which can cause your cake to collapse.
6) Dropping the cake pan from high once to prevent the cake to shrink too much during cooling. Make sure cakes are properly cooled before cutting them.
1) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could fall apart and crack on top. Baking cake at a lower temperature will help the cake rise much higher and bake more evenly.
2) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently.
You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
3) You can test the cake by poking it with a skewer, if it's cooked the skewer will come out clean. if not pop it back in the oven and bake until it's ready.
4) Folding egg whites into a cake batter. Do not stir and never use an electric mixer.
5) Do not over or under-beat the egg whites.
6) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
7) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising nicely with a golden top.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk