I knead the dough by hand, but recently I have a neck pain and I can't always stand at the counter and knead the bread, so the bread machine is a life saver. This is my own and the quick way when you only need bread, Smells lovely! It's soft and fluffy and it keeps the shape nicely.
• 21/4 cups bread flour
• 2 tbsp milk powder
• 2 tsp Allinson yeast
• 250ml/1 cup cold milk
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp olive oil
---15g each dough---
1) Place the (A) ingredients, bread flour, milk powder, yeast, cold milk and sugar into the bread pan. close the lid gently.
2) Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading.
Once the process has been completed ''stir 1'', open the lid, add 1 tbsp olive oil to the bread pan, and continue stir 2 until beeps will signal.
3) Press the MENU button until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes giving the dough more depth flavor or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine. It can be formed into any shape you desire. Sprinkle the almond flakes, or shredded mozzarella cheese on top. if you do, remember adding some sugar on it or whatever you like.
4) The shaped bread allowed to rise in the oven (with boiled water on the underneath) for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Baked at 160C for 18 minutes. Brush melted butter over the crust immediately after baking and cool completely on a wire rack.
1) It's recommended to use an oven thermometer.
2) Store a bread in an airtight bag or airtight container and keep fresh for 2 days or kept in a freezer for 1 month. To reheating and serve, After defrost the bread, It can be wrapped in aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread failling to rise is bad yeast.
4) You still can use the same recipe and knead by hand or stand mixer instead.