Life is better with freshly baked cookies. They are addictive with full of buttery flavor with a crisp crust and melt in your mouth goodness. The cookies actually taste like the butter cookies that come in the danish blue tin at the grocery store or even better than the real thing. They're perfect with coffee or tea, and compliment a great snack or holiday gift.
Make 10 Large Cookies
1/2 cup, 120g butter, room temperature
a pinch of sea salt, about 1/4 tsp
21/2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cake flour, sifted
1) Leave the butter at room temperature for about an hour or until soft to the touch, but not warm or melty. Beat the butter, salt, sugar, vanilla together with a hand mixer on a low to middle speed, for about 10 minutes, until it has almost doubled in mass and it has lightened to a yellowish-white color.
2) Use a rubber spatula to scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl. Sift the flour x 3 times and gently fold in until incorporated.
3) Transfer the mixture into a sheet of plastic wrap, roll into log, and cut a holes on it and place into the piping bag fitted with a nozzle flower tips 4.6cm/1.81" x 3cm/1.18".
4) Pipe each cookies into 5cm wide swirls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Before baking, Cover and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes, until firm up or refrigerate overnight.
6) Preheat the oven to 150°c. Bake in hot oven 20 minutes or until begins to turn golden round the edges. Let the cookies cool completely on a cooling rack before serving. Store cookies in any kind of container, as long as their lids fit tightly, or old fashioned cookie tins do the job perfectly.
1) Do not over fill the bag or it will be difficult to manage. If you've made your piping ahead, make sure it's at room temperature.
2) You can chilling cookie dough overnight or even frozen and take it out from the freezer for ready to bake, so you can have freshly baked cookies.
3) Make sure cookies are properly cooled before storing them.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cookies won't turn out correctly.
5) After they are baked, Let the cookies stand at least 10 minutes before removing and space to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk