Discover satisfying authentic real pandan treats you can make using only two ingredients. I've tried a few good brands of store bought pandan extract before, and it's nutty-flavored, also impart a taste metallic to me. There was something about it that tasted like artificial. This is a must-make recipe, It will definitely enhance the flavor of your baking and other desserts.
• 10 pandan leaves
• 200ml cooled, boiled water
1) Clean the pandan leaves under running water to remove dirt.
2) Cut the leaves into small pieces with scissors.
3) Add the leaves at a time, and pulse the blender several times to mince them.
4) Once the leaves are minced. Add cooled, boiled water, Pour it into fine stainer and squeeze the juices out into a glass jar.
5) Leave them in the fridge overnight or after 24 hours.
6) You'll notice it getting colour separating. The parts of the top layer is light become lighter, and the base layer is dark green become darker which are concentrated ''Pandan Extract''. Store in the fridge and keep well for 4-5 days.
You can freeze pandan leaves, but do not freeze pandan extract. It tasted like had lost much of its aroma, and to freeze and thaw the extract is enough to affect the emulsion. I've found from repeated experiments.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk