(A) Egg yolks:
• 5 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 120ml evaporated milk
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp chocolate powder
• 1 cup cake flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
(B) Egg whites:
• 5 egg whites
• 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
• 8 tbsp sugar
1) In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar and evaporated milk until well combined. Sift in the cake flour and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beating it. Add the sugar a little at a time until stiff peaks have formed.
3) Folding cake batter into a egg whites, and mix until everything is well combined, then bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any air pockets.
4) Gently pour the mixture into the greased 7 x 4.5-inch angel cake pan.
5) Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 150°c, Bake for 50 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven, use a sharp knife to cut around the edges only. Cut the base once is cooled. Let it cool and hold it up for at least 15 minutes. Decorating with whipped cream, chocolate chips for eyes and almond for ears.
1) Fold the batter into a egg whites. Cut the egg whites into the mixture.
Don't stir and never use an electric mixer for this.
2) Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
3) Cover with foil after a few minutes if the cake of top starts to get brown and continue rising
nicely with a golden top.
4) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently.
You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk