These incredibly light, soft and fluffy bread with garlic butter. It is just a bit enhanced to create an amazing tasting and melted cheese on top. My secret ingredients, methods and all the smartest tips for helping you make a no-fail breadsticks that is everything you ever dreamed it.
For the base:
● 2 1/2 cup bread flour
● 2 tbsps milk powder
● 3 tbsps sugar
● 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
● 1 cup water (boiled and cooled)
or cold milk
● 1 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce:
● 2 tbsps salted butter
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 2 tbsps mayonnaise
For the toppings:
● 350g grated cheese & mozzarella mix
● Sprinkle with some sugar
1) In a bowl, Add (A) ingredients and mix together until well combined. Take the dough out and Sprinkle a work surface with flour, then tip the dough onto it. Add in olive oil and knead up to down and beating until the dough is no longer as sticky and go ahead and work the dough with your hands, forming it into a ball, and place in a clean bowl, cover with cling film, proof in the warm place for 2 hours until double or triple in sized.
2) Divide the soft dough into 2 portions and shape each to a ball. Sprinkle some flour on it, pressing down the dough with your hand under and arms, gently flattening along the edges with your fingertips and shape into large, flat rounds.
3) Spoon garlic butter and mayonnaise over the bread. Topped with a grated mozzarella cheese.
4) Cover with plastic wrap and cold proofing the dough at the top of a refrigerator for overnight and ready to bake them the next day.
5) The next morning, remove the dough from the fridge.
6) Let rise for 35 minutes to 1 hour in the oven with 2 cups of hot/boiling water underneath and close the oven door.
7) Preheat the oven to 160°C, and Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into 16 breadsticks. Sprinkle with some sugar and Serve immediately.
1) Everyone's oven is different, you have to adjusting the temperature and baking time.
2) You can bake it on the same day if you like crispy and chewy pizza, then just follow section 1, 2, 3, 6, 7. or keep it in the refrigerator for next morning ready to bake or even freeze them down for later use (up to two weeks). Freezing; leave to defrost and prove for 1 hour in the oven before baking.
3) Cold proofing dough make the bread more flavourful, light, soft and fluffy.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk