Sunday, 6 March 2016
Step By Step: Super Soft and Fluffy Chinese Bakery Red Bean Bread Buns | Dinner Rolls | Slider Buns - Josephine's Recipes 174
I was so happy with the way this bread turned out and I love the smell of freshly baked bread. These bread incredibly light, soft, moist, fluffy and airy. I already made six batches from the list and have about two more weeks. This makes me believe this truly is a amazing experiment. Making bread makes me feel sort of like a super hero lol. Give this a go, and I hope you are proud of yourself for trying this recipe and you've said yes.
For the dough:
● 2 1/2 cup bread flour
● 2 tbsps sugar
● 1 tsp dried yeast
● 1 cup warm milk
● 1 whisk egg
● 3 tbsps soften butter
For brushing the tops:
● 2 tbsps golden syrup
● 1 tbsp water
For the fillings:
● 3/4 cup adzuki beans
● 4 cups cold water
● 2 pieces chinese brown sugar
or 1 cup granulated sugar
● 25g slightly salted butter
● 1 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsps cold water
stir well and set aside.
1) Wash the adzuki beans, and soak for 30 minutes. drain beans and discard water.
2) Place 3/4 cup beans in a casserole, add 4 cold water and bring to a boil over middle heat, cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. add 1 cup brown sugar and pour corn flour mixture becomes thick.
3) Allow to cool completely and blend on high speed until they are smooth.
4) Heat up the pan, then add butter, and the red bean mixture, reduce heat to middl low, stir the bean paste until thicken, repeat the process in 3 - 4 times, and of course patience, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 hour. Store in a container, in the fridge until ready to use.
5) Mix the dry ingredients together onto the work surface or large bowl. (bread flour, sugar, yeast, warm milk in 8 batches, whisk egg and butter).
6) Knead it well for 10 minutes and beat the dough by hand about 15 -30 minutes, until soft, springy and does not stick to work surface.
7) Cover and proofing the dough overnight in the fridge, cold-rise fermentation. (or you can just sit at room temperature for about 1 - 2 hours and then bake as normal). take the dough out, let it come back to room temperature for 2 hours until tripled in size.
8) Transfer the dough to a lightly floured worktop and roll into the desired shape filled with red bean paste filling. proof again for 35 minutes in the oven until doubled in size.
9) In a small bowl, add 2 tbsps golden syrup and 1 tbsp water and stir until well combined.
10) Preheat the oven to 150C, bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Brush the top of the bread with sugar water, in the middle as the baking and before 5 minutes done and continues for the last 5 minutes of baking.
11) Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack. Take a piece and eat it. Yum!
1) Keep the bread fresh and moist for 2 days. put them in a food plastic bag and locked it or store it in an airtight container and reheat and serve. (heat it up, and it will taste freshly baked again).
2) Wrap the cooled, dry bread in food plastic bag, zip and locked it and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months and re-heat and serve.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk