For the dough:
● 2 1/2 cup bread flour
● 2 tbsps sugar
● 1 tsp dried yeast
● 1 cup warm milk
● 1 whisk egg
● 3 tbsps soften butter
For brushing the tops:
● 2 tbsps golden syrup
● 1 tbsp water
1) Mix the dry ingredients together onto the work surface or large bowl. (bread flour, sugar, yeast, warm milk in 8 batches, whisk egg and butter).
2) Knead it well for 10 minutes and beat the dough by hand about 15 -30 minutes, until soft, springy and does not stick to work surface.
3) Cover and proofing the dough overnight in the fridge, cold-rise fermentation. (or you can just sit at room temperature for about 1 - 2 hours and then bake as normal). take the dough out, let it come back to room temperature for 2 hours until tripled in size.
4) Transfer the dough to a lightly floured worktop and roll into the desired shape, add your favourite fillings or just plain. proof again for 35 minutes in the oven until doubled in size.
5) In a small bowl, add 2 tbsps golden syrup and 1 tbsp water and stir until well combined.
6) Preheat the oven to 150C, Baking time will depend on the size and the type of bread.
Brush the top of the bread with sugar water, in the middle as the baking and before 5 minutes done and continues for the last 5 minutes of baking.
7) Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack. Take a piece and eat it. Yum!
1) Keep the bread fresh and moist for 2 days. put them in a food plastic bag and locked it or store it in an airtight container and reheat and serve. (heat it up, and it will taste freshly baked again).
2) Wrap the cooled, dry bread in food plastic bag, zip and locked it and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months and re-heat and serve.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk