Monday, 22 February 2016
花生湯圓 (燙麵法) Tang Yuan | Glutinous Rice Balls with Peanuts & Sesame Seeds - Josephine's Recipes Episode 133
花生和芝麻要炒香和攪碎 + 牛油 + 糖粉，揉圓。
Sunday, 7 February 2016
How It's Made Peanut Cookies | Chinese New Year Cookies | 花生酥的做法大全_ 入口即化的花生酥 - Josephine's Recipes 173
Here's a Good Luck cookies to celebrate the Chinese New Year. These cookies are melt-in-your-mouth and very addictive, full of peanut goodness, rich and crumbly bites, also are one of my all time favourite snacks.
Makes about 35 or 16 large peanut cookies
• 38g granulated sugar
• 120g roasted peanuts
• 100g plain flour
• a pinch of sea salt
• 45-50g peanut oil
• 35 or 16 peanuts for garnishing
• 1 egg, beaten for glazing
1) Transfer granulated sugar to a blender into powdered sugar.
2) Use a same blender, and blend the peanuts until finely chopped.
3) In a large bowl, combine the chopped peanuts, powdered sugar, flour, salt, and peanut oil.
4) Use your hands to mix and knead everything's until well combined. Take a small piece about 1 tsp small or 1 tbsp large dough, roll and make a ball. Put them on the baking sheets and repeat until all the mixture has been used up. Place a peanut in the middle of each cookies.
5) Preheated the fan oven to 150°C and Bake for about 16 minutes to 25 minutes.
6) Separate egg yolks from whites, then whisk the yolk thoroughly. after middle baking. brushing the surface with whisked yolks. Reduce the heat to 120°C and continue baking for another 8 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.Carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or storing in an airtight containers.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Tuesday, 2 February 2016
How It's Made Turnip Cake | Lo Bak Gou 蘿蔔糕 賀年榚點 | 萝卜糕的做法大全_萝卜糕怎么做好吃 Chinese Radish Cake | Pan Fried Daikon Cake - Josephine's Recipes 172
Pan-fried turnip cake has a thin crisp & crunchy layer on the outside from frying, soft on the inside. It is also commonly eaten during Chinese New Year, Since radish 菜頭 is a homophone for "good fortune".
Medium Foil Containers with Lids
2 cups rice flour
10 tbsps wheat starch
2 cups water
2 large white radish
2 cups dried scallop & shrimp water, or (plain water)
1 red onions
1/2 cup dried shrimps (soaked)
1/2 cup dried scallops (soaked)
1/2 cup dried mushrooms (soaked &
Oil for frying
2 tsps sea salt
2 tsps sugar
2 tsps sesame oil
2 tsps white pepper
2 tsps sweet rice wine
2 tsps chicken granules
1) Heat and add oil for stir fry (red onions, dried shrimps. dried scallops and dried mushroom till fragrant and until golden brown.
2) Add turnips and seasoning to taste till well combined. Cover and cook until tender and translucent for about 15 minutes.
3) Sift the rice flour and wheat starch into a bowl with soaked dried scallops and shrimp water or just plain water to make a thin batter.
4) Turn off the heat and allow the wok cool down. Pour batter and stir them until slightly thickened.
5) Pour the mixture into a well greased foil containers. Cover, and steam for 1 hour. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.
6) Cut into pieces. Heat a pan and oil over a medium high heat. Transfer turnip cake slices one by one to a pan until both side are deep golden brown. Dip into the sauce of your choice. A perfect comfort food with rice porridge and toppings for appetizers.
For Garnish & Toppings
5 - 6 large scallops (soaked)
2 tsps brown sugar
1) Heat the pan and add oil until medium heat, add scallops and fry about 3 minuts, add brown sugar, fry the scallops until crispy. Put the ''crispy dried scallops'' garnish on top of the turnip cake.
2) Heat the pan without oil, add preserved mooli radish until deep brown and fragrant. then add method (1) pan fried dried and preserved ingredients and mix well together. Serve them with rice porridge and garnish or put toppings on the turnip cake.
1) Turn the heat on high for at least a minute, before adding oil.
2) The amount of ingredients like red onions, dried shrimp, scallops,
and mushrooms. It can be increased or decreased to suit your own taste.
3) While you cook the radish as the vegetables will release enough of its own juices, adjust less or more water to make the thin batter.
4) If you want to eat turnip cake straight out of the steamer. It's best to reduce the wheat starch to 5 tsps instead of 5 tbsps.
5) If you really can't find wheat starch, you can substitute cornstarch.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk