Friday, 6 November 2015
How To Make Chocolate Macarons | French Macaroons | 法式马卡龙 | 朱古力馬卡龍 - Josephine's Recipes 163
Before this, I have tried and failed many times to making macarons. after several experiment in the kitchen, I found one that worked for me, I am super excited and really grateful can be a part of macaron maker, based in our homemade. so, I just keep to making successful multiple batches of macarons almost everyday for a week. So here's what exactly I did and you can making it without fail, and brighten your day.
Makes 9 - 10
40g almond flour
49g icing sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
33g aged egg white
25g caster sugar
1) Place the almond flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor and blend them very fine until combined and no lumps.
2) Pour the aged egg whites into a clean bowl and whisk until it begins bubble to form, and switch to a medium high speed, add caster sugar a little at a time till all the sugar has been added. when you lifted out of the egg whites, the firm peak will stand.
3) Add the super fine ground almonds mixtures into a beaten egg white, Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half by half together until well combined.
4) Use a mug to hold the piping bag, Spoon the batter into the bag until full enough. place the silicone macaron mat of your choice onto a baking tray and holding the piping bag vertically over the macaron mat, slowly squeeze the mixture onto the mat. Bang the pan or mat a few times and Carefully prick any visible surface air pockets with a skewer.
5) Leave for 2 hours in a cool place until the batter doesn't stick to your hand. Preheat the oven to 130c with up/down fan, Bake for 35 minutes till cooked and remove from the oven. Leave to cool.
6) When cool remove the macarons from the mat and place ready to sandwich. Add chopped chocolate or chips into the piping bag under the mug, and melt from direct of the 55c warm water. Once the chocolate is melted. Snip a small hole and ready to squeeze for the filling on one place onto the flat underside. This can also be either butter cream, jam or salted caramel filling etc. The choice is endless only as much as your imagination. The macarons are now ready to enjoy.
1) Use cold aged egg whites.
2) Use a fan oven to speed up the drying process.
3) Do not overmixed the batter, the macaron shells will have no feet.
4) Don’t bake the macarons at high temperature, they'll cracking and not forming feet.
5) Do not try to remove from the mat whilst still hot as the macarons will break apart.
6) Over bake, the shells seems too dry crunchy but it's way better than under bake. Once you've filled sandwiched the macarons, Let them continue ripen and store in the fridge.They're softened perfectly.
7) Add chopped chocolate or chips into the piping bag, and melt from direct of the warm water. Once the chocolate is melted. Snip a small hole and ready to squeeze for the filling.
8) Homemade macarons is without preservatives, so you can store them in airtight containers, it can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 -5 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the macarons for as long as 3 months and defrost for about 25 minutes. The taste just as fresh as when you first made them.
9) Place on a serving plate and dust with a little decoration as you desired.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk