For the cake:
(A) Egg yolks:
• 6 egg yolks
• 4 tbsps sugar
• 2 tbsps milk powder
• 100ml fresh milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsps melted butter
• 1 cup cake flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
(B) Egg whites:
• 6 egg whites
• ½ tsp cream of tartar
• 6 tbsps sugar
568ml Elmlea Double Cream Alternative
2 tbsps sugar
Some hand cut fresh fruits, as you desired
1) In a large bowl, add egg yolks, sugar, milk powder, fresh milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and Stir until well combined. Sift in the cake flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture. Stir until smooth and Set aside.
2) Use another large clean bowl, add egg whites, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until barmy, Add cream of tartar, continue beating for a few seconds. Add sugar for 3 times,
beat them to half solid until truly stiff form.
3) Gently fold the egg yolks mixture into the whipped egg whites, until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4) Gently pour the batter into greased round foil flan cases. then '' bang '' it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
5) Preheat the oven, Set the temperature to150°c. Bake for 25 minutes or until well-risen, golden-brown. Carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
6) In the meantime whip the double cream until fluffy. Refrigerate it before using if needed.
7) Once the cake is cool, remove the cake from the cases. Spread the fresh cream and place some mixed fruit. *Refrigerate it before using if needed. Decorate with fresh fruits on top or without the fruits, just like rose cake. The roses on the cake are exactly the same as the ones in the video.