One bite, then you will fall in love with this super fluffy, cotton cheesecake has been my favourite for almost 20 years. Many recipes ask to refrigerate the cheesecake 1 to 4 hours. but I didn't chill it, allow to cool at least 15 minutes, and use a sharp knife to cut and serve the cheese cake along with a cup of hot coffee and enjoy.
360g cream cheese
150ml whole milk
3 tbsps sugar
4 egg yolks
4 tbsps cake flour
2 tbsps corn flour
4 egg whites
8 tbsps sugar
farm house mature cheddar
- for cake decorations
You will need 8-inch (20cm) round baking pan. Line with the prepared round of parchment paper in the bottom and the sides and grease with butter.
1) Melting cream cheese in double boiler, add the milk and sugar, stir until well blended. slowly adding the egg yolks and mixing thoroughly.
2) Add in sifted cake flour and corn flour, and beat well.
3) Whisk egg whites and add the sugar a bit at a time in another bowl until to a beautiful thick and fluffy. then,add the egg yolk mixtures and gently mix well.bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
4) Pour the cake batter into 8 inch cheese cake mould and place them in a large baking tin. Add enough hot water in the tin and get ready for water bath.
5) Heating up and down the oven, or just put the pan on the middle rack and bake 8-inch cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 30 minutes or until set and golden brown at 150 degrees c. Everyone oven is different, understanding the way cake bakes will help you adjust your oven's setting to best effect.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 15 minutes, remove from the oven, Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Serve or chill in a fridge overnight. Use a sharp and hot knife to cut the cake and present individual plated.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk