Friday, 31 July 2015
How To Make the Perfect Simple Salad with Balsamic Dressing | Avocado and Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette - Josephine's Recipes 156
Florette Classic Crispy Salad
Buttered Sweet Corn
Tesco Cherry Tomatoes
Tesco Extra Large Avocados
Hard Boiled Eggs
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Tesco Gala Apples
Above are my top 7 favorites ingredients, washed/dried and ready to eat
and below are my top 3 favorites dressing/sauces. you can add whatever you like, if desired.
Hellmann's Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Sainsbury's Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with Garlic
Maggi Liquid Seasoning (optional)
The amount of quantity is that you can adjust as desired.
Add your favorites ingredients to a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds,
and then spoon the dressings over to the whole salad and serve immediately.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Monday, 27 July 2015
How to Make Super Soft and Moist Cotton Cheesecake | Japanese Cotton Soufflé Cheesecake 轻乳酪蛋糕 - Josephine's Recipes 155
One bite, then you will fall in love with this super fluffy, cotton cheesecake has been my favourite for almost 20 years. Many recipes ask to refrigerate the cheesecake 1 to 4 hours. but I didn't chill it, allow to cool at least 15 minutes, and use a sharp knife to cut and serve the cheese cake along with a cup of hot coffee and enjoy.
360g cream cheese
150ml whole milk
3 tbsps sugar
4 egg yolks
4 tbsps cake flour
2 tbsps corn flour
4 egg whites
8 tbsps sugar
farm house mature cheddar
- for cake decorations
You will need 8-inch (20cm) round baking pan. Line with the prepared round of parchment paper in the bottom and the sides and grease with butter.
1) Melting cream cheese in double boiler, add the milk and sugar, stir until well blended. slowly adding the egg yolks and mixing thoroughly.
2) Add in sifted cake flour and corn flour, and beat well.
3) Whisk egg whites and add the sugar a bit at a time in another bowl until to a beautiful thick and fluffy. then,add the egg yolk mixtures and gently mix well.bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
4) Pour the cake batter into 8 inch cheese cake mould and place them in a large baking tin. Add enough hot water in the tin and get ready for water bath.
5) Heating up and down the oven, or just put the pan on the middle rack and bake 8-inch cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 30 minutes or until set and golden brown at 150 degrees c. Everyone oven is different, understanding the way cake bakes will help you adjust your oven's setting to best effect.
6) Once cooked, leave to cool at least 15 minutes, remove from the oven, Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Serve or chill in a fridge overnight. Use a sharp and hot knife to cut the cake and present individual plated.
Friday, 17 July 2015
How to Make Super Moist and Soft Slider Buns | Dinner Rolls | Hamburger Buns | Chinese Bakery Buns 奶油餐包 - Josephine's Recipes 154
No fail, Just follow this step-by-step instructional video with a secret way to keep the buns super soft and fluffy longer than 2 days. Then, you will never buy buns from the bakery once you try these!
Makes 12 Slider Buns | Dinner Rolls
1 cup warm milk 40°C
1 tsp active yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 cups bread flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
+ 1 tbsp water
Brush after middle baking and before 5 mins done.
and can brush again after baking.
*For the shine, you'd have to brush it on after baking.
1 cup warm milk + 1 tsp sugar + 1 tsp yeast, stir well.
Cover with the glass lid until the bubbles are on the top.
In a large bowl, add 2 cups bread flour, 2 tbsp sugar, and then add the (A) yeast mixture
to the flour and mix well. Finally, add the 35g butter, and knead until well combined.
Cover the dough with the lid and allow to cold rise in the lower part of a fridge overnight.
Take the dough out of the fridge. Cover with a wet and hot tea towel,
let it warm up, and it will help to balance the rising temperatures. rest for 1 hour.
Use your finger test for dough, it will helps you to know exactly when bread has risen enough.
Transfer the soft and sticky dough on a clean, floured work surface, then kneading well and beat the dough by hand until it is smooth, soft and elastic. You can also check the gluten development with the windowpane Test: pull off a chunk of dough and stretch it with your hands. if it break, repeat step. It should stretch to form a very thin translucent sheet, without tearing.
Roll & Cut the shape as you desired. Covered with a wet hot towel.
Allow to rise again (ideally in a warm place) until they double or triple in size.
Preheat the oven to 150°C, Bake for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp golden syrup + 1 tbsp water, and stir well. Brush after middle baking and before 5 mins done and can brush again after baking. *For the shine, you'd have to brush it on after baking. Baking time depends on the size and shape of the bread being baked. This bread is traditionally served warmed from the oven.
1) Everyone's oven is different. PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOUR OVEN!
2) If your dough too tough and hard to knead, the problem you adding too much bread flour. If so, You must add warm milk or water to balance and rise again.
3) You can follow these old fashioned hand kneading method or using machine, like stand mixer, food processor and bread machine instead.
4) Brushing the crust with melted butter, milk, whisked egg, or sugar water on the bread surface as you desired.
Brush before baking.
Brush after middle baking
or after baking as you desired.
It will reduce the amount of "crisping up".
Saturday, 11 July 2015
Asian Dessert Soup: Sweet Potato and Taro in Coconut Milk with Tapioca | 椰汁番薯芋頭西米露 - Josephine's Recipes 154
Learn How to Make the best Asian dessert ever also known as bubur cha cha,
bo bo cha cha, mo mo cha cha. It can be served hot or cold. the tastes as good as it looks,
definitely made your day, just heavenly. Sweet potatoes and taro root peeled and cut into small pieces and Pandan leaves, tie to knot.
8 cups of water
3 small taro roots
2 white sweet potatoes
2 purple sweet potatoes
1) In a large saucepan, add in all the sweet potatoes and taro roots with pandan leaves, bring some water to a boil lower to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes. before 5 minutes add brown candy until completely dissolved.
2) Turn off the heat, add coconut milk and mix well. Lastly, add cooked tapioca pearls. Serve them up in individual bowls.
3) In another saucepan, soak the tapioca in cold water, rinse and drain. Add water to boil on high heat, cook them until transparent. Drain the tapioca and rinse with cold running water to prevent sticking.