Please do try it, and you'll love it.
Since my husband encourage me to make my own healthy snacks instead to buying in the London China Town. This is Paul and myself favourite, heavenly '' Rice Krispies Treat Cookies''.
I tried, I tested, and my experiments many, many, many... times. Now you guys have the most easy and successful version to make at home.
Makes 12 Pieces
22cm Stainless Steel Saucepan
30 x 20 Non Stick Oven Tray
(Non Stick Roll)
4 tea cups Rice Krispies (80g)
1 tea cup Mixed Nuts
(Cashews, Walnuts, Almonds,
Hazelnuts, Macadamia and Pistachio)
*Add raisins to your liking
1/2 tea cup Sesame Seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons Maltose
2 tablespoons Sugar
1) In a saucepan over medium-low heat, lightly grease with 1 tsp butter, add 2 tbsp sugar,
and 2 tbsp maltose until melted and smooth.
2) Place 1 tea cup of mixed nuts, cook for a minute, add 4 tea cups, 80g rice krispies, and stir to combine.
3) Line with baking paper. Sprinkle the base with sesame seeds. Spoon the mixture into prepared pan. Cover with baking paper, using hands, press firmly the parchment down around the sides.
4) Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and Preheat oven to 150c and bake for 10 minutes.
5) Set aside to cool at least 25 minutes or until firm. Cut slice into squares.
1) Store the homemade crispy rice cookies treats in zip seal bags can keep fresh for 3 - 5 days.
2) Do not increase the heat to medium high or high heat.
3) Your oven will not be exactly the same as mine, so you will need to adjust yourself. Different temperatures in different ovens.
4) Keeping a close eye on it.
5) Sugar syrup, Honey can be replace to Maltose.
*Brown or cane sugar can replace to a regular sugar.
6) You can use 1/2 tea cup Peanut and sprinkle with desiccated coconut or Roasted chopped Hazelnuts instead of 1 tea cup of mixed nuts and sprinkle with white and black sesame seeds. I made all these ways, so I have different types and the Best ever Crispy Rice Cookie in various versions.