This was the secrets behind method and our most well loved dishes ''Char Siu''. Wait... to get the job done. Follow our step-by-step video instructional to begin your perfect dishes. To be honest, you never expected it to taste as good as you imagine. all wonderful like chinese pork jerky, bak kwa. Paul and I was commenting that it smells like heaven. Go and give them a try. You will love it.
500g Pork Belly Slices
1 tbsp Salt
3 tbsp Honey
*It depends on how much honey you want to put in.
2 tbsp LeeKumKee Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp LeeKumKee Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Red Fermented Bean Curd
2 tbsp Cream Sherry or Rice Wine
1) In a stainless steel round dish, Add pork belly slices, sprinkle some salt
and wash the pork under cold running water then pat dry.
2) Add the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, red fermented bean curd
and cream sherry or rice wine. marinate overnight.
3) Covered with the ''heat safe'' foil, Heat oven to 200°c, Bake for 30 minutes.
After then, take the foil out and carefully discarding the remaining marinade,
and allow pork to dry in a dishes.
4) Add honey on top to glaze and roast for another 30 minutes, ''without cover the foil on top'',
until the pork are tangy glaze, outside is sticky with crispy bits.
5) Remove it from the oven, leave it to rest for a few minutes before cutting into it.
Served with steamed white rice.
How to Remove Scorch Marks from Stainless Steel?
1) Add hot water and let soak overnight before scrubbing.
I used spontex handy scourer with a few drop of dish soap.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk