I love dim sum and In Cantonese, “dim sum” means “touch the heart,” I always wanted to make them as breakfast with Chinese tea.
28 shrimp or 18 king prawns
(Peeled and chopped half)
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp ginger ground
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sherry wine
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp chicken granules
You may want to adjust the amount of marinade to suit your taste after the first go.
Dice carrot into tiny pieces
For the dipping sauce:
Serve with soy sauce, chili sauce, or chili oil
1) In a medium bowl, add half chopped and un-chopped prawns. Combine with a teaspoon of sea salt, white pepper, ginger ground, sesame oil, sherry wine, corn flour, chicken granules and mix well.
2) Place 3 tsp filling in the center of wrappers. Gather all the corner, press and wrap firmly.
3) Oil the bottom of a bamboo steamer and line 2 large bamboo steamer with parchment paper.
4) Add a few pieces of carrot to each dumpling or green beans for garnish before steaming.
5) Pour enough water into the wok until the water line is 1 inch below the bottom of the steamer. Cover with a lid and place over a pan or wok of boiling water. Steam the dumplings for 12 minutes.
1) The best way to clean king prawns is to put some salt on it and rinse under running water,
2) Prawn and Shrimp are something between from Sea or fresh Water, Needed to intestine and debris removal.
3) What you can replace instead of Sherry wine?Any type of Chinese sweet rice wine.
4) What you can replace instead of Ginger ground? Freshly minced ginger
5) What you can replace instead of Chicken granules?Oyster sauce
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk