This dish had a unique way for every family, its appetizing taste like heaven.
One of my favourite dishes of all time comfort food.
330g pork belly slices (cut pork belly into thick slices) (五花肉切片)
5 hard boiled eggs (熟雞蛋)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (菜油)
12 garlic cloves (蒜頭)
1/4 orange peel (果皮)
1 cinnamon stick (桂皮)
3 cloves (丁香)
6 star anise (八角)
4 bay leaf (香葉)
3 tbsp dark soy sauce (黑抽)
1/4 cup brown sugar crystals (冰糖)
1 cup sweet rice wine (黄酒)
or cream sherry (或雪利酒)
Garnished with finely sliced spring onion (青蔥)
Serve with steamed white rice or buns (mantou).
1) Heat a pan over medium high heat and Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil for stir fry garlic
and pork belly coat both sides till fragrant until golden brown.
2) Add the stew ingredients and seasonings. Lower the heat to medium and add 5 hard boiled eggs, braise for 25 minutes, or until the pork belly is cooked through and tender.
3) Garnish with sprinkle thinly sliced spring onions. Dish out and serve hot with steamed white rice.
1) The amount of ingredients like pork belly and seasonings
can be increased or decreased to suit your own taste.
2) Generally, water can be replaced with sweet rice or sherry wine.
3) Place the eggs into a saucepan and add enough hot water to cover them.
Put a timer on for 3 minutes. As soon as they are half cooked.
4) Rapidly leave them in cold ice water till they're cool enough to
handle about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk