The main benefits natural medicines of salted limes is help for sore throats. Drinking salted limes with honey tea. Staying hydrated and better also can relieve a dry, irritating cough and help soothe the throat irritated by coughing.
I usually reach for a few cups a day when I am not feeling well. Surprisingly, not only will you feel better, you'll recover faster. All that's needed is the right balance of salty, sweet and sour to sooth.
Ingredients and equipment needed:
50 green limes
5 cups salt
5 litre bins
You'll need 5 liltre fermentation bins, green limes,
Salt, and a sharp knife, Pretty simple isn’t?
1) First, It is important to wash your limes. use warm water and add a pinch of salt to wash and rinse thoroughly. use a sharp knife to carefully cut out the top of the limes.
2) Left to dry in the sun for half hour, If there is no sun, I've used a kitchen papers for patting and set to dry.
3. Cut out many of small holes. (You can use a fork instead of a knife, It’s just up to you)
4. Clean and dry your fermentation bins, then pour 1 cup of salt for each layer with 10 limes.
Continue repeat this process until you are done.
5. Cover the lid and just to make sure that there are no air pockets, Place the fermentation bin in a cool, dark place and let it sit for at least one year.
6. The salted limes will be brown and soft in a year or so. Aged over 7 years Pickled Salt Preserved Limes is the the best natural medicine to use. For most sore throats, you probably don't need to see a doctor.
1) Green Limes are particularly fragrant and have the best tastes.
So, Do not use Yellow Lemons. It will produce bitter compounds that affect taste.
You'll be smelling burned and instead of sweet and fragrant.
2) Once they have become completely salted, they will turn into soft, brown, juicy balls.
The salt will become wet at the bottom of the bins from some of the lime juice, which is quite all right.
3) That honey should not be fed to young children under 18 months old.
Combine any type of Pure honey you'd like. Give it a taste, Experiment!
I ate the salted limes with honey tea for sore throat remedy.
Salted Limes Crushes:
Take your knife and cut the salted limes in half vertically.
Put the salted limes in a blender, give it a quick blend until crushed and smooth.
2 tsps salted limes crushes + 1 tbsp honey + 1 cup (not too hot) water.
Stir well and give it a taste!
The most convenient for you:
First, take the half bottled honey out, add the salted limes crushes into the honey,
and once the limes crushes is mostly in the jug, feel free to add additional,
it can be helpful to full the honey mix up and refrigerate can be kept for 3 -5 months.
Honey and Salted Limes Tea Recipe ( 陳年咸檸蜜)
Put 2 tsps Homemade honey & salted limes and into a tea cup or mug.
Add a cup of (not too hot) water and stir.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk