How to make Kimchi 正宗韓國泡菜 | Traditional Kimchi Making | Tongbaechu-kimchi: 통배추김치
See What we learned definitely Spice up your life and learn to make your own Kimchiat home?
We incredibly thankful that can be in Seoul and spent certain time in traditional Korean Hanok house was unforgetable experience opportunities to learn about Korean Culture through various activities such as Kimchi making.
Cabbage, Spring onions, Water celery.
Radish, Chilli powder, Rice wine,
Glutinous rice flour, Garlic, Ginger,
Salt, Sugar (a little) Salted shrimp,
Fish sauce, Plum syrup
1. Except for the dirty outer leaves, sliced into ¼ cabbage.
Put salt water and leave it overnight.
2. Wash the salt with running water.
3. Wash other vegetables.
4. Peel radish and cut into strips.
5. Chopped ginger and garlic.
6. Cut spring onion and water celery for length of 5cm.
7. Put all the materials and mix well.
8. Put mixed materials into each layers of cabbage.
Kimchi is naturally fermented,
Continue to pickle, even if stored in sealed bottles in the fridge ( 5 -7 days).
Homemade Kimchi will stay yummy in the fridge for a couple of months or last longer.
This recipe is general kimchi making recipes in Korea.
Guesthouse Seoul Traditional Culture Center Namsan Hanok Village.